We are committed to help children and adults train their Emotional Intelligence in a joyful efficient and original way – developing the abilities considered by notable experts to be the key to success in life.
Did you know?
According to psychologists, EQ (Emotional Intelligence) counts for 75 to 90% of lifelong success, while IQ counts for roughly 10% (at best 25%).
A considerable part of our mission is to work with children under palliative care and with children in foster homes, helping them and their adult carers to:
- develop emotional resilience
- manage stress and pain especially during medical treatment
- develop compliance with hospital procedures
- model healthy therapeutic relationships with profound beneficial effects in the lives of children and families on the long run.
“People with well-developed emotional skills are also more likely to be content and effective in their lives, mastering the habits of mind that foster their own productivity; people who cannot marshal some control over their emotional life fight inner battles that sabotage their ability for focused work and clear thought.”
― Daniel Goleman, Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ
By combining technology with art, we aim to create the most engaging and powerful tools that really help make a difference in the lives of children and their families, especially for children in hospitals and children that lost the support of their natural families – by helping them to develop their Emotional Intelligence and improve their mental health and physical well-being.
ASOCIAȚIA MICILE EMOȚII MARI – transl. LITTLE BIG FEELINGS ASSOCIATION
“When I started our first theater show for children to learn about emotions, I had no experience, no team, no clue. But I had my strong motivation – I was a child that struggled and I somehow had to do this play. It turned out magical and with great results, some of the ideas I implemented and built upon – I now find in mega-productions. The same was with our bestselling children’s book “Miracol în Lumea Emoțiilor”. I was the 1st in my family to ever attempt writing a book, yet, it was a success and it’s now considered by many to be the best therapeutic book they have ever read – and unique in the world.”
― Dragoș Iulian Matei, founder of the NGO
Our main objective is to help children develop their EQ skills and promote it’s importance – to children, parents and educators worldwide.
Because they lack these extraordinary life skills so much, our second objective is to help as many children in hospitals, foster homes and children living in difficult situations as we can – with Emotional Intelligence power-tools.
This is why we created our NGO and a social business that supports our non-profit work.
The extraordinary results we had working with children from SOS Children’s Villages Bucharest and other foster homes, but also with children from HOSPICE Bucharest helped us go even further. With the help of our stories, movies, games and educational theater shows, children began the therapeutic journey of understanding their inner world and emotions, learning to work with themselves with love, acceptance and curiosity.
A considerable part of our work is to help children in foster homes, hospitals, together with children under palliative care and their adult carers to:
– develop emotional resilience
“When I say manage emotions, I only mean the really distressing, incapacitating emotions. Feeling emotions is what makes life rich. You need your passions.”― Daniel Goleman, Emotional Intelligence
– manage stress and pain especially during medical treatment
– develop compliance with hospital procedures
– acceptance and a better overall experience
– model healthy therapeutic relationships with profound beneficial effects in the lives of children and families on the long run
– mentally prepare children for whatever may come in their lives
– accept, understand, recognize, process and express emotions in a healthy way – with multiple benefits in present and on the long run
– laughter therapy through learning about humor and it’s benefits and exposing children to funny situations and characters
– relaxation through oxytocin generating movies (also known as „the cuddle hormone” or „the love hormone”)
– improve their capacity to form emotionally healthy and nourishing relationships
– be encouraged and develop the capacity to overcome life’s obstacles
– train the capacity and habit to relax using different techniques of meditation and relaxation